Friday, March 5, 2010

#13

I finally got through the Cubs chapter! I don't think I would be able to stand anymore of that Cubs talk! On to the last chapter, called "Taking One for the Team: Baseball and Sacrifice". Two baseball stories, one in which the sacrifice bunt succeeds, and one in which it fails, tell what an important part of the game a sacrifice can be. A small hit or easy fly ball can become as crucial as a long home run. I, for one, know what it can feel like to successfully lay down a sacrifice bunt, one that scored the winning run in a game for our freshman baseball team last year. My coaches, teammates, and all the fans were so happy that it got me thinking of how bad I would have felt if I had not succeeded. Sort of like the debate of having faith, in this situation, I was forced to think about the chances of failure and of success, which is a very important value to have in life if you want to be a well-rounded person.

No comments:

Post a Comment