Tuesday, March 2, 2010
#10
The next section of the "Cubs fan" chapter talks about sticking with your team through the thick and then. I have always been a strong believer in being a fan of a team for life, meaning whether they win or lose, you must stick with them. This shows strong morals not just in sports, but inlife. I have always been a fan of all my favorite teams, through the good times and the bad. For example, I have been an Arizona Cardinals fan forever, because my uncle worked for them and my family had always been Cardinals fans since they left Chicago in the 1940s. Unfortunately, the Cardinals have been one of the worst teams in the NFL until recently, making the playoffs once in 50 years; that is until two years ago, when the Cardinals made an improbable run to the Super Bowl, allowing me to brag to all my friends here in Chicago that I was a Cardinals fan, and had not jumped on the bandwagon. The fact that I had been with the team through the losses until they got good gave me a satisfaction that could not be matched by anything else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment